Thursday, March 29, 2012

Alternate Ending to Act III

Epilogue

Nora has left Torvald for good. Mrs. Linde’s and Krogstad’s relationship hasn’t worked because he does not love her anymore. The day Nora left Torvald sunk into a depression and has never been the same. But he wants to prove that he is a man because he would not give up his honor and beg Nora to come home. Dr. Rank has passed way and everyone has come out to bid him adieu. His funeral is one that people will be talking about for a long time.

            (Nora is glancing down at Dr. Rank in the casket with a stricken face while Krogstad stares at her.)

Krogstad: Ms. Helmer, how do you do?

Nora: Oh, Mr. Krogstad. I thought you were Torvald; I was about to walk away. Well I’m doing fine. How do you do? Oh how’s Mrs. Linde?

Krogstad: Oh I thought that you heard the relationship between me and Kristine has not worked out so we have separated like you and Torvald. I wanted to ask you,  did I ruin your relationship with Torvald because of the letter because I did send the bond back.

Nora: Oh, no Krogstad that letter and bond showed me that Torvald never really cared for me. He liked to show me off to the public and pretend that we were a big happy family.

Krogstad; Well, Nora there was something that I was hiding from you for many years now and that is that, I love you! I have known you forever since we were children but I knew that I could never have you because you deserve a better man than me. But my offer stands I will marry you and treat you like a husband does.

Nora didn’t know what to think. For when she was little she had a childish crush on him also. She really wanted a husband and Torvald was never going to be her husband again.

(As Krogstad was walking away.)

Nora: Krogstad, WAIT!! I will marry you. I think I love you as well. I do hope you really will treat me like your wife.

            He runs over to her and lifts her up ant twirls and does not care about his appearance. Everyone is staring at them Kristine has a look of betrayal on her face, Torvald just looks more depressed. Nora and Krogstad has three children and their life is filled with a lot of happiness. He got another job in a different town but is always home at 5 o’clock for dinner. Nora has found herself a job also and is allowed to do many more things like eat macaroons whenever she wants to. Kristine and Torvald both get married but their life id s filled with a lot of depression. Torvald later dies of a broken heart.

No comments: